I made another Chex Mix and this one is YUM-MIE!! One of my favorite snacks at the LA County Fair is Totally Nutz cinnamon almonds. While I was making this Chex mix I couldn’t help but crave the fair almonds. The fair will not arrive until September so this Chex mix will have to tide me over.
This recipe can also be found on the back of a Wheat Chex box.
What you need:
- 5 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup lightly salted whole almonds
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt-covered raisins